First United Methodist Church (FUMC) of Colorado Springs was the first church in the city, begun in 1871, the same year our city was founded. Since then, FUMC has had a faithful history of planting United Methodist churches in the community.
FUMC started Mountain View United Methodist (Woodland Park) in 1978, Sunrise United Methodist (Briargate area) in 1980, and Wilson United Methodist (Mountain Shadows area) in 1987. With great joy, in 2019, FUMC became a multi-site congregation (one church in two locations) as it planted the Prairie Campus out on the eastern plains of Colorado Springs.
The Prairie Campus remains connected to the FUMC downtown campus (located at 420 N. Nevada Ave.), as together they witness to the extravagant grace of God, made known in Jesus Christ.