Man Up! ... Men's Ministry
Men in the church face the same challenges and frustrations as men outside of the church. In the book, “No Man Left Behind”, by Patrick Morley, it lists the following statistics for every ten men in the church.
- Nine will have children who leave the church.
- Eight will not find their jobs satisfying.
- Six will pay the monthly minimum on their credit card bills.
- Five will have a problem with pornography.
- Four will get divorced – affecting one million children each year.
- Only one will have a biblical worldview.
- All ten will struggle to balance work and family.
ManUp!, our Men’s Ministry, hopes to disciple and equip our men in their roles as men of God, whether married, single, younger, or older. Our goal is to provide a venue for modeling the life of Christ to men. We seek to do this through spiritual formation, fellowship, service and personal growth. We hope to provide opportunities for fostering spiritual friendships and developing Christian relationships, so that men can grow in conformity to Christ, specifically in their roles as men.
We hope that every man in our church will become active in ManUp! We do service projects, host guest speakers, go on fun outings and offer retreats at John Wesley Ranch Retreat Center.